With disruption becoming a reality, the transportation sector is reinventing itself. It is not only about building roads, bridges, or tunnels anymore, not even rails, ports, and airports.
The focus shifted to designing and implementing innovative solutions that provide quality mobility services that are sustainable, green, digital and economic. Advances in electrification, autonomous driving, shared services, connectivity and e-commerce are enabling new opportunities to optimize the flow of people, goods, and services more than ever, yet at the same time, they are infusing more uncertainty at the same time.
Transportation and logistics firms are undergoing unprecedented challenges and are facing existential threats. Disruptions are taking more and more market share from traditional logistics, postal, rail, shipping, aviation organizations, and many others. Add to that, globalization, e-commerce, and a highly fragmented competitive landscape, firms now need to rethink the ways they run their business to seize the new opportunities and reimagine themselves as the winning mobility firms of the future.
Key issues include:
- How to design end-to-end quality digital mobility services that scale?
- How to digitize core processes to achieve cost leadership and provide better customer experience?
- How to use data and knowledge to vigorously redesign networks and optimize utilization of the fleet, inventory and the full supply chain?
- How to collaborate with other players to boost productivity and gain a competitive edge?
- How to expand into adjacent strategic sectors, such as entertainment spaces, to enhance mobility offerings and achieve revenue gains?
At Grenoble Partners, we advise public and private clients on how to navigate this increasingly dynamic and competitive environment, manage these uncertainties and take a value-focused approach to help them better position themselves for the digital future.