The convergence of telecom, media and digital technologies caused a data explosion and sketched a new outlook for the upcoming decades. It has transformed the full customer experience and how, when and where he/she consumes information. Customers are calling for more intelligence, connectivity and automation and firms are capitalizing on the integrated and expansive evolving landscape of the sector to capture their loyalty and increase value.
Yet they are also faced with enormous challenges; from technology and business model disruptions, to aggressive competition and ongoing market consolidation to managing sophisticated customer profiles, and many more. The sector continues to evolve, and telecom firms are aggressively reinventing themselves and are becoming the new hotspots for innovation. Key issues include:
- How to digitize the core processes to achieve cost leadership and provide better customer experience?
- How to exploit big data and advanced analytics to simplify service offerings, reduce churn, improve marketing and achieve deep customer engagement?
- How to design an effective pricing model and tool to optimize margins and generate revenue gains?
- How to smartly upgrade network infrastructure and share with other operators to meet the unprecedented demand for data while competing on price?
- How to optimize 5G CapEx investments and sync with customer usage patterns?
- How to capitalize on AI, bots and ‘internet-of-things’ services to unlock potential value in telecom?
- How to expand into adjacent strategic sectors, such as media and entertainment, finance, IT and mobility, etc. to reach new possibilities?
At Grenoble Partners, we advise clients on how to navigate this increasingly dynamic competitive landscape, manage these uncertainties and take a value-focused approach to transform the firm for the digital future.