Health care systems and services have gone through tremendous progress. Life expectancy is on a general increasing trend, quality of care continues to improve and advanced treatments are being introduced to cure diseases that were ‘untreatable’ before.
However, enormous challenges persist. Aging population, chronic diseases, and increasing coverage plans are putting the entire sector under pressure.
For many years now, health care spending outpaced GDP growth, leading to a widening funding gap. Governments, financiers, providers, medical suppliers, technology companies are all introducing innovative and disruptive tools and models to control rising costs, while keeping health care affordable and accessible to the majority of citizens.
Key issues include:
- How to improve health care affordability and expand coverage plans to all citizens?
- How to drive innovation and increase efficiency while improving health outcomes?
- How to treat chronic diseases cost-effectively through controlled disease management initiatives?
- How to use telemedicine to engage doctors and patients and improve the delivery of health care?
- How to use real-time data acquisition and processing technologies to monitor and react to critical patients from their home?
- How to introduce a health management system that incentivizes the right behaviors from all health care stakeholders?
- How to migrate to a value-based integrated health care model that reduces total health care expenditures while improving value for patients?
At Grenoble Partners, we advise public and private clients on how to navigate the evolving future of the health care sector, manage these uncertainties, develop a rationale for strategic approaches, take the right decisions and help them better position themselves for the changes ahead.