Despite several years of golden growth rates, consumer products companies are already thinking of the next billion customers and how to stand ready to convert them on time. While they are already busy managing a complex portfolio of products, brands, categories, channels, and regions, digitalization disrupted the sector by fundamentally changing the interaction between brands and the consumers, and requires companies to rethink their strategies, manage change and transform their operations.
To the consumer products companies, growth is not optional, and decisions on products innovation, customization, pricing and promotions, operational efficiency, and not to mention brand leadership need to be integrated and made from an end-to-end value perspective rather than in isolation. Key issues include:
- How to serve the rapidly growing digital customer and deliver innovation from factory to consumers
- How to manage fast-changing consumer desires and increasing expectations
- How to optimize the SKU portfolio with increasing customization requirements
- How to afford volatile commodity costs and manage talent shortage
- Which strategic collaborations to seek and grow along the value chain
- How to optimize marketing spending and convert the most consumers
- How to unlock the full potential of advanced analytics to achieve commercial excellence
At Grenoble Partners, we advise clients on how to manage these uncertainties, take the right decisions and navigate where true value lies along every part of the value chain.